Required Training for Birth to Three
All NEW Birth to Three staff (as of September 1, 2018) and staff interested in becoming Service Coordinators must complete required training. See INSTRUCTIONS lower on this page for setting up Training Plans.
Required Training – Provider Information with all modules and important information listed
Birth to Three Initial Certificate
- – Required for all new staff working 1 hour per week or more with families, starting as of September 1, 2018
- – Must be completed within 90 days of start date with program
- – Includes completion of online modules and exam (approximately 8 hours total)
- – After completion of modules and exam, participant can print Birth to Three Initial Certificate from TRAIN CT (as proof of completion of applicable required training)
Service Coordinator Certificate
- – Required in order to function as service coordinator. Includes:
- – Previous completion of Birth to Three Initial Certificate
- – Completion of Service Coordination online modules and exam ( approximately 2 hours)
- – Required observations (Initial Eval/Assessment; Initial IFSP; IFSP Review or Annual IFSP)
- – One day in-person training
- – Service Coordination in-person training will be offered every other month pending sufficient enrollment. Refer to Calendar for dates and registration link for the in-person training.
- – Participants will have to BRING PRINTED COPIES OF BIRTH TO THREE INITIAL CERTIFICATE and COMPLETION OF SERVICE COORDINATOR MODULES with them to the in-person training, or will not be allowed to complete the training.
- – After completion of in-person training, participant can print Service Coordinator Certificate from Protraxx (as proof of completion of applicable Service Coordination training). Link for Protraxx is found on calendar under the date of the training.
All Modules are accessed on TRAIN CT
- MAKE SURE TO USE Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers!
- Modules are set up in 2 different Training Plans (Birth to Three Initial Certificate, Service Coordinator Certificate)
- – Initially all users, whether new or existing, will have to register or login, select their group (CT Birth to Three) and add their appropriate training plan(s). See instructions below:
TRAIN CT Instructions for setting up training plans.
- – After initially setting up training plans, users will login, click Your Learning, Your Training Plans
- – Training plans list all modules and the progress the user has made on completing the modules
- – Staff members should record and KEEP their TRAIN CT user ID and password information!
- – All modules are tested and working well. If a staff member is not able to play a module try a different browser, but the issue is on the user side (browser, firewall, outdated programs). In these cases, contact the TRAIN CT site administrator for assistance (Danny White, 860-509-7557 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- – Modules open is a different window from the main TRAIN CT window. When module is complete, close module window and return to TRAIN CT. Course will show; “Completed” and “Print Certificate” will be visible.
For additional learning modules related to non-required professional development, see Other Learning Modules page.