Required Training for Birth to Three
Birth to Three Initial Certificate
- -Required for all new staff working 1 hour per week or more with families (as of September 1, 2018)
- -Must be completed within 90 days of start date with program
- -Online modules and exam (approximately 8 hours total)
- -Print Birth to Three Initial Certificate from TRAIN CT (as proof of completion of applicable required training)
Service Coordinator Certificate
- -REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE ONE-DAY TRAINING DATE. CERTIFICATES OF MODULE COMPLETION MUST BE RECEIVED BY JAYNE.SMALLS@CT.GOV AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE TRAINING DATE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- -Required training in order to function as service coordinator
- -Pre-requisite: completion of Birth to Three Initial Certificate
- -Completion of Service Coordination online modules and exam ( approximately 2 hours)
- -Required observations (Initial Eval/Assessment; Initial IFSP; IFSP Review or Annual)
- -One day in-person/remote training
- -One day training is offered every other month pending sufficient enrollment. Dates and registration on Calendar
- -Registration closes TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE TRAINING!
- -Participants must EMAIL COPIES OF BIRTH TO THREE INITIAL CERTIFICATE and CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION OF SERVICE COORDINATOR MODULES to CTBirth23@ct.gov AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE TRAINING, or will not be allowed to complete the training
- -After completion of one day training, print Service Coordinator Certificate from Protraxx (as proof of completion of applicable Service Coordination training). Protraxx link is on calendar under the date of the training.
Required Training – Provider Information with all modules and important information listed
All Modules are accessed on TRAIN CT
- -Modules are set up in 2 different Training Plans (Birth to Three Initial Certificate, Service Coordinator Certificate)
- -Initially all users, whether new or existing, will have to register or login, select their group (CT Birth to Three) and add their appropriate training plan(s). See instructions below:
TRAIN CT Instructions for setting up training plans.
- -After setting up training plans, login, click Your Learning, Your Training Plans
- -Record and KEEP your TRAIN CT user ID and password information!
- -Use Chrome or Firefox browsers. If you are not able to play a module try a different browser, but the issue is often on the user side (browser, firewall, outdated programs)
- -For HELP contact the TRAIN CT site administrator for assistance (Danny White, 860-509-7557 or email@example.com)
- -Modules open in a different window from the main TRAIN CT window. When module is complete, close module window and return to TRAIN CT. Course will show; “Completed” and “Print Certificate” will be visible
For additional learning modules related to non-required professional development, see Other Learning Modules and PD Resources page.